Weeks 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, and 28!!!
>> Monday, March 7, 2011
March is here and we’re still up to our ears in house project!!!
Six weeks have passed since my last post. Mom and dad’s kitchen is almost finished. Cabinet doors and drawers, and some touch up paint and it should be done. All of the tile has been laid and we’re almost done with the grout. Granite countertops were installed in the kitchen and two bathrooms, lighting and plumbing fixtures are in and the front porch was built. Carpet comes in two more days then the finishing touches on all of the rooms. We’ll still be far from done though. Alyssa’s room is done on the outside of the house, but hasn’t been touched on the inside yet. Siding and windows need to go on, grading the dirt around the house, and mom and dad’s porch needs to be built. We’re getting there!
Kitchen begins to take shape.
Countertops, appliances, and fixtures. All we need now are some cabinet doors.
The old laundry room becomes our new master closet.
Front porch! 52 feet long. I think we’re gonna love it!
Granite day
Temporary stairs off of mom and dad’s bedroom. These will come off and a screened porch will be added. Needed to put the stairs on to pass inspection.
I really liked the character of our front door so I wanted to keep it, but I wanted it to look new like the rest of the house, so I had to strip it. What a job that turned out to be!!! A layer of stain followed by three layers of paint, the top layer being oil base. It became a group effort. Dave’s sister, Kristen, helped a ton, mom, dad, and Dave all pitched in and we got it done. Now that it’s down to the bare wood, I’m not sure I want to paint it!!!
Tiling our bathroom shower
Loving the slate floor in our shower!
The boys upstairs shower
The view from Matthew’s room. Not too bad, palm trees and the pool.
Cabinet doors being built today
Our current master bath is becoming mom and dad’s bath. We spent last Saturday gutting it. Everyone got in on the action, but Dave and dad definitely worked the hardest. SO much tile to be taken out, but we got it all done. The bathroom is empty and ready to be made new!
Goodbye ridiculously large bath tub!
Ready to not live like this any more. Tired of not knowing what room I am in…. I think this was once the living room. Then it became the dining room, now it has the insert from Matthew’s closet with my clothes on it and dressers in it.
Soon this will all be a memory!



0 comments:
Post a Comment